Saturday, June 18, 2011

Growing Pains

Hello everyone, it is so good to be here again and I think I am finally getting a handle on this blogging business.  Karen from the Graphic Fairy makes it so easy to add new backgrounds and headers,she takes you by the hand and walks you through the changes step by step and so my blog has a new look to it that I like.  Of course I will be experimenting with backgrounds, headers,layout in the weeks to come as I learn how to do more stuff to my blog
I believe that is a good attitude for our craft site on Etsy as well,and the three of us are learning to step out in faith and learn new skills everyday. Suzanne for instance is learning how to add cording to pillows, how to gauge the correct ribbon or lace border and how to sew it on without the ribbon looking like it was attacked by a wild animal, and she manges to keep us all in stitches (pun intended) while she does it. She is also learning to do one thing at a time, without becoming fractured and losing her way.  Izzy is learning to let go of some of the demands others try to put on her and to enjoy the time spent working on our crafting business.  She has learned that working with her hands and creating something beautiful invigorates her allowing her to go back to the care taking business for the elderly she runs, renewed and refreshed.  Me I am learning how to use my time wisely,how to see the beauty in front of me right this minute, and how to have faith in my creativity.  I feel as though I have finally been released from some self appointed guilt, that it is ok to love my work and the process of going from an idea to a finished product. It makes me content, which makes me so much easier to live with, and fills my life up so that depression no longer has a seat at my table.  We are all three learning to relax and create, to allow ourselves to stretch and grow and that is the best creation of all.
And that is what we wish for all of you, that you might learn how to slow down, and hear what your mind is trying to tell you, that you will take that leap of faith and find out what it is you wish to create and that you will learn to be content in that creation.  So for now we leave you as always saying may God bless you with sunshine and joy

No comments:

Post a Comment